Revision as of 01:24, 24 April 2009 by Wikimaster
- Beginner: LED, resistor, 9V battery clip (see Basic Electricity, below)
- Intermediate: SpokePOV
- Advanced: ?
- Expert? More? (SDR, QRP, etc.)
- Free-for-all: Bring your project, or pick one out; work at your own pace
- Ohm's Law, how to measure voltage, current, resistance
- Hook up LEDs, measure the voltage and current
- Calculate the correct series resistors for different voltages; measure and verify calculations
- Power: its relation to voltage and to current
- Efficiency: compare the light and heat output of various light sources (fluorescents, LEDs, incandescent, halogen)
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM): What it is and how you can use it to control motors and lights
Introduction to Arduino
- No prior knowledge required
Introduction to synthesis and synthesizers
- History of synth development (an overview)
- Sine, square, and sawtooth waves
Part 1: Intro
- Transistors, opamps, etc.
Part 2: Valves
- Vacuum tubes, transformers, etc.
- What is it and why should I care?
Linux and open source software
- What is it and why should I try it?
- You bring your computer, and we help you install Linux